We spoke with Nyrki Laine, Director of Human Resources at Nivos Oy, to learn more about how their need for English language training arose. He also explains how they faced a challenge typical to many Finnish companies: their employees had a good passive command of English, but were not using it actively.
Nivos is a multi-utility company in Mäntsälä, Finland, that supplies electricity, district heating, natural gas and broadband connections, among other services.
Watch the video below to find out how effective language training helps Nivos serve its customers better!
As Mäntsälä becomes more attractive to foreign customers, Nivos has recognized the need to improve its ability to give customers the same excellent service in English as it does in Finnish.
Acolad provided language training services to employees at Nivos during 2017 and 2018 to teach them English customer service language, improve their presentation skills, and expand their knowledge of business practices in other cultures.
Thank you to Nivos Oy and their Director of Human Resources, Nyrki Laine, for their cooperation in producing this video.
VIDEO LENGTH & LANGUAGES
- Audio: English
- Length: 3 minutes 56 seconds
- 00:00 - Introduction to Nivos and their industry
- 00:30 - Why was Nivos looking for a training provider?
- 01:20 - What was Acolad’s training solution?
- 01:45 - What was the format of the training, and what were the topics?
- 02:25 - What were the lessons like?
- 03:15 - How will this training help Nivos achieve its goals?
- 03:40 - What other training has Nivos received from Acolad?
Would you like to know more about improving the skills needed to use a second – or even third – language at work?
At Acolad, we produce engaging and pedagogically structured learning content for customers in B2B and B2C markets to activate and improve their language skills.
Based on needs analysis and level testing of the learners, our trainers create customized training plans to improve modern business communication skills, such as working with customers, taking part in online meetings and presentations, and managing and leading multicultural teams.
- We have an extensive, nationwide network of trainers, which means language training can be arranged where you want it: either at your company’s premises or in one of our local offices.
- All training can be held in person, or remotely via a video meeting – or as a combination of both.
- In 2017, over 200 trainers delivered 2,000 training courses to a total of 4,000 students across 600 customer organizations.
Talk to us today to find out how you can arrange an effective language training course tailored to meet the needs of modern business and professional life.